Department of Psychological Science
216 Memorial Hall, Fayetteville, AR 72701
Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences
Copyright © 2012
Undergraduates win research awards!
Several psychology undergraduate students were recently awarded research awards. Five students won Arkansas Department of Higher Education Statewide Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) grants. These grants are competitive and provide the students with funding to conduct research projects. A sixth student was awarded an Undergraduate Research Award given by Psi Chi, the Honors Society in psychology. Below are the names of the students, their faculty mentors, and the titles of their projects. Congratulations, all!
- Jet Currey (SURF; mentored by Dr. Nate Parks): Neural mechanisms underlying perceptual filling-in of the human blind spot
- Hayden Pacl (SURF; mentored by Dr. Ana Brides): Physician characteristics that predict referrals to behavioral health specialists in integrated primary care settings
- Nattapron Tun (SURF; mentored by Dr. Denise Beike): Hypermnesia in autobiographical memory: The role of listener feedback and retrieval practice
- Anna Salomaa (SURF; mentored by Dr. Jenn Veilleux): Expanding understanding of emotion beliefs: Exploring psychological distress, state negative affect, distress tolerance depletion, and parental beliefs
- Kayla Skinner (Psi Chi Undergraduate Research Award; mentored by Dr. Jenn Veilleux): Personality, drinking motives and emotion regulation: Independent predictors of alcohol use across the lifespan
- Rachel Woody (SURF; mentored by Dr. Matt Feldner): Posttraumatic stress and perspective taking.